Thursday 28 October 2021

Athletic Day

 This week we had athletics. I was so excited. We had to wear our house colour, I am in Kakahi that means orca in maori. Kakahi colour is yellow. We headed out to the sprint track to watch the little kids. Then it was time a first subject it was the 200m sprints. Bang here we go I had a good start I was already in first place then I got first in my heats then it was finales this time a had not that good of a start of I was sprinting and sprinting like my life depended on it then i got 1st yay!!!!!

Next was ball throw.  I throw 45m that was ten meter more than I throw last year I was so happy! My friend Cash had sprained his foot but he still got second throwing 37m. I was very surprised how far he throw. In third place was my other friend Stormur with 33m.

After that we had long jump. I was so excited for long jump. Until I saw the run up. It was very small. I lined iwas jumping second until the kid in front of me went to the back. It was my turn I sprinted up to the line i jumped and got a no jump and my next turn was the same. Currently I was doing superbad. It was up to my last jump. I sprinted up I jumped into first place. In total I jumped 4m.

Now was 100m we lined up, the starter called take your marks get set go! I sprinted keeping the leed and got first by maybe a metre. After the rest of the heats went it was the finals. I was up against a lot of fast kids. We started I was so surprised at the end. I got 1st!!!

Now was high jump i didn't do to well with that. My friend Reef got second equal. I think I got 5th equal.

Overall it was a super fun day. I was very happy with my placings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about