Thursday 5 August 2021

Chess Tournament

 On Tuesday we had a chess tournament. It was my first tournament in my life. I was very nervous. We had to wait for the games to be drawn out. I had faced a kid from my school. The organiser said to start our timer. I got to start first. If you won you got 1 point if you lost you got none, and if you tied you got half a point.

I did my first move and he did his. We had a 15 minute timer on. I did four moves and then I one won. I felt so relieved that I had won. I had one point. I went over to my friends game he was facing a kid from another school. I think they were tieing I wasn't to sure. The next game I won and then I won and then I lost and lost and then I lost and then won. All my games didn't take to long.

I had 4 points in total and a kid called Nathan got 6 points which was pretty good. I got 2 badges one was for a quick knockout which was for under 10 moves and I got another one for checkmate under 30 seconds. Overall It was kinda fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rori, It is cool that you faced a kid from our school at Wainui Beach. It sounded like it was quite fun. Would you do it again? Secondly, It is fantastic that you used paragraphs in your blog, I'd like to start using them myself. From Oska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rori, I like how you added paragraphs and different types of sentences. Who won, hopefully we did. who was the kid you faced from Wainui. Reef

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about