Wednesday 29 September 2021

Hamanatua Stream Walk

 This week we ventured up Hamanatua stream,It was one of our things in our pepeha. We wanted to know were it originated, so we walked up Scarlys way to get to the gate where we go up. We saw Hamanatua but it was tiny we had to jump over. I walked through the stream because I luckily had gumboots.

I saw other people go in with shoes, it looked so uncomfortable. One person tried to jump but he slipped and he got soaked. It was so funny but I felt bad. A lot of people fell in and were so wet. We started our journey. I was excited.

We pasted a bunch of cows and calves. We stopped and had lunch and we carried on for about 20 more mins. I stepped in a mud patch and my gumboot fell off, and my foot came out of my boot and my foot got so wet so I took of my sock and carried on. When we came back to the stream. we had to jump over again. I stepped into the stream but the water go t into my boot it was so wet so I just took it off, then another kid slipped and fell in this time it was a different kid it was probably worse. Overall it was quite fun.

1 comment:

  1. Ello Rori,nice blog you got there,i think it's really good and thx for letting me edit it.But there was a lot of mistakes,no offence, but i'm just gonna pointb two out k.Alright so 1.When you said"it was tiny we had to jump over" maybe try and say"it was tiny and we had to try and not get wet"or something like that i guess,2.When you said "we stopped and lunch"maybe you could have said"we had to stop for lunch and we just chilled for a bit". But most of all i think it's great and good job,so see ya!!! From your pal Oscar.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about